I wanted to make a meatball that was easy to prepare and healthy. I took a few of my favorite spices and created these yummy falafel flavoured meatballs. I even enjoy them cold which is great when you are in a hurry!
My favourite Turkey Meatballs
1 pound ground turkey
½ cup old fashioned oats
¼ to ½ cup of egg whites
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
¼ cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
¾ tsp finely ground sea salt
½ tsp pepper or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lighting spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. I lightly apply avocado oil with a paper towel to the pan I am using.
2. Combine all ingredients. Start with just ¼ cup of egg whites and add the remaining ¼ cup of the mixture if dry. Mixture should be as moist as possible but still able to form into meatballs. Sometimes mine are not so round shaped because they are so moist but they still taste yummy!
3. Form meatballs approximately 2” in diameter. Turkey can dry out quite quickly so do not make them too big.
4. Place meatballs on baking sheet or in glass baking sheet approximately 1” apart.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and outside is browned, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).